We retain the older copies for just our state.  Patrons are interested in the historical general ownership information.  We withdraw the superseded sheets for the other states.

Kathy Stroud

University of Oregon Libraries

________________________________
From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sierra Laddusaw <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Retain superseded BLM maps?

We retain superseded BLM maps, I have had researchers use them. The most recent was someone looking at ownership, overtime, using the surface and mineral management maps.

For the overall collection at TAMU, we keep superseded maps. Many of our researchers are using the collection to look at change over time.

Sierra Laddusaw | Assistant Professor
Map Librarian, Maps & GIS
Texas A&M University Libraries

MS #5000 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843
Tel.(979)845-6588<callto:+1979)%20845-3731>

http://library.tamu.edu<http://library.tamu.edu/>