I have cataloged maps for wetlands, and my thoughts are these.

It depends on what the maps show.  If the maps are showing the distribution and locations of wetlands, then Hydrology is going to be the best bet.

If the maps (and some may) show distribution of wetland vegetation, focusing on distribution of wet forests, sedge marshes, and the like, in other words, the vegetation types that tolerate permanent or seasonal water, then probably Biogeography will be the choice, specifically, D2.  If the focus is limited to wet forests, then K2 (Forests and forestry) will be a good choice.

Ultimately, it depends on first, the maps and what they show, and second how you interpret what they show, and what matters in your library.

Some of the Canadian maps I've seen do show the wetlands as such, and in my library I've cataloged them as Hydrology, because the focus is on that mix of land and water, and less on what is growing there.

Ken Grabach
Maps Librarian
BEST Library, 219D
Miami University Libraries