And I recently saw this worn at a (geographers') conference, but this one's intentional.  It definitely generated a collective "huh?"

https://www.spreadshirt.com/where-ya-from-iowa-men-s-tee+gifts

Jenny Runyon, USGS

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

It happens all the time, apparently.

According to WalMart:  “On the map, MA and MD are shaped somewhat similarly…”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bal-terps-t-shirt-massachusetts-outline-confuses-public-but-not-walmart-story.html

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bertuca, David
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 12:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Geographically incorrect

Though I bet that the shirt was designed in America…

I downloaded a copy of the image to use for future geography classes. And yes, he will lose his shirt unless someone thinks it is a great collectable idea.

David J. Bertuca, Map Librarian

Science and Engineering Information Center

116 Lockwood Memorial Library

University at Buffalo

Buffalo, NY 14260-2200

716-645-1332 / 716-645-3859 (fax)

Liaison to the Geography Department for GIS and Physical Geography