Hello All,

There doesn't seem to have been any activity at the IFLA Geography and Map Libraries Section since 2009. I would be very interested in resurrecting it if it has in fact become moribund and in joining if I'm mistaken.

Does anyone know anything about this? Are there any members or former members of the section on Maps-L? Would anyone be interested in participating in any capacity? Please feel free to contact me off list. Also, if there are any IFLA members with advice to give on (re)starting such a section I'd love to hear from you. While it will be too late to get something started in time for IFLA 2016 I'd really like to get it going by the time of the 2017 IFLA meeting in Warsaw.

(I am a member of MAGIRT though I won't be attending the ALA conference in Orlando this year, but I will be at the RBMS in June in case anyone wants to touch base with me in person about this proposal).

Best regards,

Christopher Alario
Information Services Librarian - Historical Maps,
Globes, and other Cartographic Material

Tel:     +974 4454 6529          PO Box:    5825, Doha - Qatar
Fax:    +974 4454 0401          Email:       [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Mob:   +974 3357 2825          Website:   www.qnl.qa<http://www.qnl.qa/>

CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE:
This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the use of individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and inform the sender. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any attachments included. The contents of the emails including any attachments may be subjected to copyrights law, In such case the contents may not be copied, adapted, distributed or transmitted without the consent of the copyright owner.