With apologies for cross posting

New Opening Hours for National Library of Scotland Maps Reading Room

Over recent years, our online maps collection has become increasingly popular, and many readers are accessing our collections from the comfort of their home or office. As a result, the opening hours of the Maps Reading Room will change from 4th July. The Reading Room will open three days a week, with Maps staff working on digitisation projects and other collection tasks on days the Maps Reading Room is closed. This will greatly enhance discovery and access to this collection for the future.
The new opening hours will be:
*           Monday 9.30am to 5pm
*           Tuesday 9.30am to 5pm
*           Thursday 9.30am to 5pm
Maps staff will continue to respond to e-mail and telephone enquiries 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
On Saturdays a map assistant will be based in the Multimedia Room at George IV Bridge, Edinburgh. They will provide map expertise, and assistance in viewing online mapping. There are over 150,000 images of maps from our collection now available to view online, as well as the latest Ordnance Survey digital mapping.

Kind regards
Paula
Paula Williams
Curator | Maps, Mountaineering & Polar Collections

National Library of Scotland
159 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PH

Tel: +44 (0) 131 623 4671
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.nls.uk<http://www.nls.uk/>
Twitter: @natlibscot
Facebook:  /NationalLibraryofScotland

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SCO11086

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.