The map collection I know of that has a substantial collection of OSS maps is at LSU, under John Anderson. I don't know if he has scanned any of them though Michael. We have quite a few OSS maps and a lot of GSGS stuff here at Penn State but none are scanned even though they are all cataloged.

Paige

From: "Michael M Noga" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:30:41 PM
Subject: OSS maps - scanned?

Greetings,

I have been sorting through our map collection and found a number of the 1940s maps from the OSS (Office of Strategic Services) and GSGS (Geographical Section, General Staff). There are a few small city plans of small towns, topo maps, administrative maps, population, and economic geography maps.

Some libraries have cataloged their print copies, but I wondered whether they were available online. The Hathi Trust links that I found didn’t work.

I am surprised that I haven’t been able to find evidence that anyone has scanned these maps. Am I missing something?

Michael

_________

Michael Mark Noga

Collections Strategist