From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael M Noga
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: OSS maps - scanned?

Greetings,

I have been sorting through our map collection and found a number of the 1940s maps from the OSS  (Office of Strategic Services) and GSGS (Geographical Section, General Staff).  There are a few small city plans of small towns, topo maps, administrative maps, population, and economic geography maps.

Some libraries have cataloged their print copies, but I wondered whether they were available online.  The Hathi Trust links that I found didn't work.

I am surprised that I haven't been able to find evidence that anyone has scanned these maps.  Am I missing something?

Michael

_________
Michael Mark Noga
Collections Strategist