Hello everyone

There has been interest expressed in a visit to OSU's Gardner Family Map Room and the Orton Memorial Library of Geology.  The Map Room will be a stop on the  Friday August 19th tours of Thompson Library.  If you want a deeper tour, plus a visit to the Geology Library, please join us at NOON in the Map Room, which is located on the 2nd floor of Thompson Library.  After a tour, we will go to the Geology Library for a tour of that location (note: a flooring project may impact this tour).  We also can go to lunch after if desired.  If you want to get the deeper Map Room tour and/or go to lunch, please fill out the following Doodle poll so we can have a headcount:

http://doodle.com/poll/x6dw547dag7rk62g

Transportation for the tours will not be provided.  The #2 and #7 COTA (city) buses travel between the Convention Center and OSU - take either going north. Fare is $2.  The #2 bus stops across the street from the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library and Museum, which is the meetup spot for the standard three-library tour.  The #7 stops at the Ohio Union on the side of the building facing opposite of High Street.  See http://www.cota.com/ for more info.

See Thompson Library on a map - https://www.osu.edu/map/google.php?buildingIn=050 if going directly there.

You are, of course, welcome to come in and take a look on your own anytime the locations are open.  Geology is open 9-5 that day and the Map Room 10-6.

Please contact me with any questions.

Best,
Danny