Hi all,

I responded off list, but I’ll also chime in here.

Until recently we kept the most recent printed edition for all 50 states.  We do keep older editions of Oregon. Due to lack of use and space considerations we have recently deaccessioned states that are not in our area of interest.

The FDLP Regional Depositories are currently required to keep the most recent printed edition of all states.  The USGS online site and the newer digital versions do not officially supersede the latest print edition.  That means that the 46 Regional FDLP libraries in the US should be maintaining complete sets.  This may change pending changes to the Regional program.  I haven’t been keeping current on FDLP discussions about shared regional collections, etc.

Kathy Stroud

David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library

1299 University of Oregon

Eugene, OR 97403-1299

541-346-3051