My library is
2.  Keeping only the print maps for the regions that mainly interest my
library's community.

This region comprises Southwest Ohio, extending from the Dayton area to the
Cincinnati area, and including the region surrounding Oxford, Ohio.  It
also comprises the adjacent areas of Southeastern Indiana, and North
Central Kentucky.

We formerly had kept all print topographic maps, and in the past 5+ years
had had to keep them in a remote storage facility.  In the past year the
Libraries lost this space, which was also being used to hold other library
materials, especially print serials and microforms.  With the loss of the
space, and no additional space being allotted, it was necessary to perform
some serious withdrawals.  And frankly, when those print serials were
replaced to the extent possible with electronic back files, it would not
have made sense to make an exceptional case for 50,000+ print topographic
maps, all of which are available from USGS.

Ken Grabach
Maps Librarian
BEST Library, 219D
Miami University Libraries