UCSB is now a 2.
We are retaining all editions, all scales of California, with a buffer around our border of 7.5’ maps.  Maps have been in offsite storage for 3 years for a construction project.  We have yet to begin construction of our new space.  Both of our offsite spaces are in jeopardy and both of them are full—even after disposing of all non-California states.

We also have a copy of the geoPDF’s and the TIFFs (if I remember correctly) from the USGS. Like the paper maps, there is a lot of friction to accessing them (no easy-to-use item-level metadata and if someone wanted to access them, I would need to go find them).

I have retained all editions of 15’ and smaller scale quads that were here when I got here 6 years ago.

Around the UC, we would LOVE to create a shared paper copy of the California 5.7’ quadrangles, but alas we have not been able to push that project forward.

-j

Jon Jablonski
Spatial Data Librarian, Map & Imagery Lab
Interim Director, Interdisciplinary Research Collaboratory
805-893-4049
UCSB Library