Hello Susan,

The book: Historical Maps of Louisiana: An Annotated Bibliography, by Rolston and Nelson, 1999 lists two maps depicting Pointe Coupee in the 18th century.  They are:

A Draught of the Mississippi River from the Balise up to Fort Chartres, Philip Pittman, 1965.   Which is in this book:
Title: The present state of the European settlements on the Missisippi; with a geographical description of that river
Author: Pittman, Philip, active 1760-1770
Publisher: Printed for J. Nourse ...,
Publication date:
1770.
Physical description
viii, 99, [1] p., [8] leaves of plates (some folded) : maps ; 28 cm. (4to)

The book is in the LSU Libraries Special Collections, Call Number: F352 .P68

And this map:
The Coast of West Florida and Louisiana, Thomas Jefferys, 1775.   This map is small scale -1:1,370,000 and Pointe Coupee is only referenced as the northern limit of the map. The LSU Cartographic Information Center has a photocopy of the map.

The earliest large scale map, 1:63,360, showing Pointe Coupee Parish listed in the Historical Maps of Louisiana: An Annotated Bibliography, is: Map of the Parishes of Point Coupee, West Baton Rouge and Iberville...,  William McCulloh, 1853.    It shows landowners at the time.

The map is listed in the bibliography as being in the Library of Congress.

John

John M. Anderson
Map Librarian and Director
Cartographic Information Center