From: "Virginia R Hetrick PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "MAPS-L" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 12:34:24 AM
Subject: OS Colouring book

How kewl is this?  Is anybody from USGS listening?

I'd be interested in spending some time this summer or next with my colored pencils and coloring Olympic National Park (NP), Mount Rainier NP, and Grand Canyon NP, as well as Death Valley NP, Joshua Tree NP, and Guadeloupe Mountains NP, plus one of the cave systems, whether Carlsbad NP or Mammoth NP.  And, I'd probably find some others.

I love Louise's idea of doing Sanborns as well; it would be a huge help to urban planning, architecture, and urban geography students as well.  I had a close encounter with a senior architecture student at the LAPL, home of some of the kewlest early maps of LA.  He hadn't a clue about the Sanborns (he does now and actually looked through several)!  Personally, they're my second most favorite US originated maps in the LC after powder horn maps.

Not to dump cold water on the Sanborns, but does anybody know the current status of copyrights on them?

This will be KEWL!

virginia