Hello,
A colleague is working on an article about the Chinese map "大明混一圖, the Da Ming hun yi tu" and is having trouble locating a publication quality digital image of the map. Do any of you know of a repository that might have a high quality image of this map?

He writes:
The Chinese title is 大明混一圖, the Da Ming hunyi tu. It’s a unique map, extraordinarily large, which is held at the No. 1 Historical Archives in Beijing. There are some Korean copies (which can be recognized immediately by their dramatically expanded representation of the Korean peninsula), and sometimes when authors discuss this map they inadvertently illustrate it with one of those copies because the images are more widely available. The map has been illustrated in some books, like the Ming volume of the 中国古代地,  but the quality is not as high as the online image I sent you. If there is any additional information I can supply for the librarian, please let me know! The Chinese government made a very high resolution copy of it to give as a diplomatic gift to South Africa, as I mention in the article, but I haven't found any way to get that image online. I've attached a low res image, so you have something visual to go on. Thanks for your help, if you have time to look into this!

Thanks!
Susan

--
Susan Powell