We are planning a session at the Phoenix SLA Annual Conference, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, to honor Mary Murphy for her 100th birthday.  Two of her nephews, Dr. Alexander Murphy, Professor of Geography, University of Oregon, and Dr. Fred Shelley, Professor of Geography, University of Oklahoma, have agreed to speak.  We need someone who would like to give a paper on the evolution of map cataloging from World War II to the present day.

The speaker is given a one-day free registration and access to the exhibits.

For more information contact the program chair for SLA Social Science Division, G&M Section:

David C. McQuillan

Map Cataloger

Thomas Cooper Library

University of South Carolina