Topo quads produced by different agencies (GS, FS, CE, AMS) can be cataloged as separate titles (or
the series can be cataloged as separately) but interfiled as if they were a single set for easy
discovery and retrieval.  I agree that users are rarely, if ever, interested in which agency produced the quad -- they just want to find it with the least amount of effort.

Philip Hoehn