Hi all,

I'm a librarian in La Sorbonne library, geography department. Apologies
for my english.

We did in the end of 2016 the cataloging of a USGS serie, called with
different names : "*30 x 60 minute series (topographic)*" (we have a few
"planimetric" too) ; "*1:100 000-scale metric topographic map of...*",
and follows the name of a town or a site ; "*30x60 minute quadrangle*".
This maps were produced in the 70's and 80's by the USGS. The library
have a great part of this serie for many years now.

I'd like to make a brief history of this production, to inform my
patrons and enhance this collection. I searched in the USGS website, but
I found very few informations. Do you know if there is a (historical)
review of this map serie somewhere online ? Or in a print document (and
I'll try to get this document afterwards) ?

Thank you !

Best regards,

--
*Caroline Tourette*