From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeff Essic
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: APSRS CDs - Database of aerial photo missions

Hello,

The APSRS CDs released in the mid-1990s contain an database used to list all the federal-level aerial photo missions covering any given 7.5 minute quadrangle area.  To use, one must install a front-end software app for querying the underlying database.  The software is 16-bit and thus cannot be installed on modern 64-bit computers.  Meanwhile, the underlying database appears to be in a proprietary binary format that can't be easily opened and read.

I am thus wondering if anyone knows of a continuity plan to update the software and/or the database?  Or is there an alternative means for accessing the data, perhaps something online?  Using EarthExplorer, this can be done in a round-about way, but you have to select each agency one at a time to see what may possibly be available.

By the way, APSRS (not to be confused with ASPRS) stands for Aerial Photography Summary Record System.

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas!

Jeff Essic

Jeff Essic
Data Services Librarian
North Carolina State University
D.H. Hill Library, Research Engagement Department
Box 7111, Raleigh, NC  27695-7111
(919) 515-5698
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/gis