Forwarded from Francis Herbert:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Francis Herbet <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 7:04 AM
Subject: FW: Soviet military maps and copyright
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]

[copied direct to Tom Brittnacher at UCSB, who is welcome to forward this
to ‘MAPS-L’]

Doubtless some – especially those who are also Charles Close Society
members – would kindly respond to this enquiry, with suitable citations and
email addresses for possible further discussion.

I remember a post-*glasnost* BCS Annual Symposium when I brought up,
following a presentation on this material, this same question: it was met
with Andrew Tatham’s guarded non-committal response (i.e. ‘we don’t know’;
or ‘we’ll let you know after discussion with OS *et al*.’)J

Francis Herbert (former Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG)