Greetings,

Just received the following from another GIS listserv:

This just came across my desk. Thought is was interesting. This bill was introduced in Congress (HR482 and S103) on 1/17.  My understanding is that it has been referred to committee.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/482

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/103

Of particular note is section 3 (of both bills):
-------------------------
SEC. 3. PROHIBITION ON USE OF FEDERAL FUNDS.  Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no Federal funds may be used to design, build, maintain, utilize, or provide access to a Federal database of geospatial information on community racial disparities or disparities in access to affordable housing.
-------------------------

No funds for a federal database… my hope is that something like this would not affect federal funds for non-federal databases? And I would be curious how broadly that is interepreted as well.

-Phil

_____________________

Philip B. White

Earth Sciences and Environment Librarian, Assistant Professor

Jerry Crail Johnson Earth Sciences & Map Library

University Libraries

University of Colorado Boulder

184 UCB

Boulder, CO 80309