Hello All,

Our library is in the pre-planning stages of possibly relocating our Map Collection from the basement of our library to the main floor.  To reduce the footprint of our collection, we’re looking at purchasing vertical storage to replace our traditional horizontal cases.  I’d like to hear from other libraries that use these cases, or something similar, or libraries that considered using them but decided against it.  Our collection has between 70K to 100K individual sheet maps so if there’s a library out there with collections in this range that use this type of vertical storage I’m especially interested in hearing from you.  I’m interested in knowing about any problems or benefits libraries have experienced using this type of storage option.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis G. Matthews

Library & Archives Paraprofessional 6

Western Washington University

Western Libraries

516 High Street

Bellingham, WA  98225

Email: [log in to unmask]

Telephone: 360.650.3098 (Collection Services--Cataloging Dept.)

                     360.650.3272 (Map Collection)

Fax: 360.650.3044