Hi David,

One question for you-if your folders aren't jam packed, don't the individual maps sag and start to curl at the bottom?

Thanks,
Louise

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bertuca, David
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Map storage cases

We replaced a range of horizontal cabinets with a vertical one (as the first of a series that will be replaced).
Contact:

Barb Berry
Ulrich Planfiling
716-763-1815 ext 31

They are online as well: https://ulrichplanfiling.com/

The files do save space. Maps are thicker than the types of materials that they usually store in these so we found that we couldn't put as many sheets in as specified, but still a lot more than the old drawers could handle.
The files are on wheels making them moveable. They have locks on them and come with a folder system inside. You can add more folders if you wish (our model came with 50).

We plan on replacing older cabinets with these as we go.

I have some basic info on them but you may want to just visit the site and ask about what they can do. They were very helpful in setting us up and offered to suggest what we would need based on our entire collection (which we didn't do).

David J. Bertuca, Map Librarian
Science and Engineering Information Center
116 Lockwood Memorial Library
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260-2200
716-645-1332 / 716-645-3859 (fax)

Liaison to the Geography Department for GIS and Physical Geography