My name is Terri Robar and I'm writing to you today as the section editor for Cartographic Collections, which is a regular feature in Cartographic Perspectives, the journal of the North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS).

I'm looking for people who might be interested in submitting an article for publication.  We're looking to showcase any kind of map collection that has something interesting going on. It could be a new service that you've been offering or a project that you've been working on. It could even be on just a really cool map that you've acquired. Or perhaps you know of another collection in your area that's been trying something new; please feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested.

As I mentioned, we are looking at any kind of map collection including those that are part of Special Collections, government depositories, or historical societies.

If you are interested, the general guidelines call for 1,000 to 2,000 words and may include up to 10 photographs. The articles usually include a brief history of the collection being highlighted. I'm looking for articles to be published over the next several months.

I'd be happy to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact me by any of the means listed below.

Thanks,
Terri

Terri J. Robar

Terri J. Robar
Librarian for Geography, Maps, and Communication
Otto G. Richter Library
University of Miami

1300 Memorial Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33124-0320