Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10054, phase=RECEIVE, target=10.0.16.186:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - MAPS-L Archives - LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Hi Jim,

The World Resources Institute (which I'm not familiar with) has page with
urban/agricultural shapefiles for download.

http://www.wri.org/resources/data-sets/kenya-gis-data

Their metadata indicates that the shapefiles were derived from the
Africover project.

http://www.glcn.org/activities/africover_en.jsp

I'm not sure if the scale of these data will be appropriate for what the
researcher is trying to study. If all else fails there's
supervised/unsupervised classification of higher resolution satellite
imagery (if available).

Hope that helps!

Kevin R Dyke
Spatial Data Librarian
Maps & Spatial Data, Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
e. [log in to unmask]
p. 1-405-744-4869

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Coombs, James <[log in to unmask]