With apologies for cross posting and self-serving . . .

It occurred to me recently that some participants here might be unaware of,
and have an interest in, the persuasive map website
<https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/> that I've put up in
cooperation with Cornell University. This site now makes available to the
public my collection of more than 800 examples of persuasive cartography, maps
intended primarily to influence opinions or beliefs - to send a message -
rather than to communicate geographic information.

The website provides general background on the subject and links to
downloadable, high-resolution images with my notes on each map. Cornell has
implemented an excellent image browser with a robust search function. The
collection itself reflects a variety of persuasive tools,
including allegorical, satirical and pictorial mapping; selective
inclusion; unusual use of projections, color, graphics and text; and
intentional deception. Maps in the collection address a very wide range of
messages: religious, political, military, commercial, moral and social.

I hope you find this useful - or at least fun.

PJ Mode