Forwarded by Angie

From: Discussion of Government Document Issues <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lynda Kellam <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 8:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help! I’m an Accidental Government Information Librarian presents ... NOAA Digital Coast

Hi,

Hope you can join us for our next NCLA GRS webinar!  Feel free to share
with others who might be interested.

Best,
Lynda

*Help! I’m an Accidental Government Information Librarian presents ... NOAA
Digital Coast*

The Government Resources Section of the North Carolina Library Association
welcomes you to a series of webinars designed to help us increase our
familiarity with government information. All are welcome because government
information wants to be free.

The NOAA Digital Coast was developed to meet the unique needs of the
coastal management community. The website provides not only coastal data,
but also the tools, training, and information needed to make these data
truly useful. Content comes from many sources, all of which are vetted by
NOAA. The Data Registry allows users to explore and download data. Data
sets range from economic data to aerial based lidar data. This webinar will
provide an overview of the Digital Coast as well as show users how to
search for and download data through the Data Registry and the Data Access
Viewer.

Erik Hund is a Physical Scientist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration’s (NOAA) Office for Coastal Management. He has over 30 years
of experience working with aerial photography and satellite imagery, and is
the Co-Lead on the Digital Coast Project.

We will meet together for Session #70, online on April 19 from 12:00 – 1:00
p.m. (Eastern). Please RSVP for the session using this link:
http://tinyurl.com/grs-session70

We will use WebEx for the live session. Information on testing and
accessing the session will be made available when you register.

The session will be recorded and available after the live session, linked
from the NCLA GRS web page (http://www.nclaonline.org/government-resources).

You can make an appointment here: https://kellam.youcanbook.me/
Lynda M. Kellam
Librarian for Data, Government Information, History, Political Science, and
Peace & Conflict Studies
Assistant Director of International and Global Studies
<http://www.uncg.edu/igs/>
University of NC at Greensboro
106C Jackson Library
Greensboro, NC 27402
336-303-8104

--
Lynda M. Kellam
Data Services & Government Information Librarian

-Angie

Angie Cope
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/agslibrary
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agslibrary/