I'm curious if there's a consensus on whether standard 5-drawer map cases
can/should be emptied of both maps and drawers before being moved. It seems
to me--and I think I've read--that trying to move filled cases is a recipe
for disaster. but I've had facilities folks here insist that they have done
it that way. Which makes me cringe even though it would, in theory, save a
lot of time and prevent the kind of mismatches Rick at BYU described.

Anybody have light-shedding experience to share?

Michael

--
Michael Fry
Collections Manager | Map Library Manager

[image: Nat Geo Logo Yellow_Black.png] <http://www.nationalgeographic.org>

1145 17th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036

[image: Email-Signature8.gif] <https://donate.nationalgeographic.org/em-sig>