This could turn into a life’s work.

I don’t know of a hate group map, but well curated datasets like this are increasingly out there.  There is the PRIO database of armed conflicts after 1945:
https://www.prio.org/Projects/Project/?x=1247
And a Dutch database:  "Conflict Catalog (Violent Conflicts 1400 A.D. to the Present  in Different Regions of the World)”:
http://www.cgeh.nl/data#conflict

I’ve worked with the conflict catalog.  It’s hard to map.

Jon Jablonski
Director, Interdisciplinary Research Collaboratory
Spatial Data Librarian, Map & Imagery Lab
UCSB Library
805-893-4049