Michael,

I think that Barry McLean uses a system like this for his rolled maps.  It looked like a pretty good way to store them, but it took up a lot of room.

Best,

Julie

****

Julie Sweetkind-Singer

Assistant Director of Geospatial and Cartographic Services

Head, Branner Earth Sciences Map Library & Map Collections

397 Panama Mall, 2nd floor

Stanford University

Stanford, CA 94305

650-725-1102