From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathy Stroud
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for Geology map of area in ethiopia.

All,

I have a patron looking for a geology map of the area 37 degrees 45’ E, 5 degrees 31’ n by 37 degrees 54’23” E, 5 degrees 22’16” N.  It’s a roughly 16km x 16km area centered on Gembo, Ethiopia. I believe the AMS map grid is NB37-10.

The Geological Map of Ethiopia references a “Geological Map of the Omo River Area 1:500,000. Geological compilation by A. Davidson (1985)  that may cover this area.

Does anyone have a copy of this map or geologic map of this area at a similar scale?  We would like to either borrow or get a scan of the area of interest.

Thanks,

Kathy Stroud

David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library

1299 University of Oregon

Eugene, OR 97403-1299

541-346-3051