Hi,

The Archbold Tropical Research and Education Center (ATREC) is a 198-acre tract of rainforest and agricultural land in the island of Dominica managed by a Dominican not-for-profit organization in partnership with Clemson University and an international consortium of universities.

Although our staff has survived Maria (category 5 when it hit the island), we have heard that all of our buildings have been severely damaged and it is estimated 95% of the houses on the island have no roof now. There is very little information since the island has no power even for the main hospital, so the only source of information is via radio (http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/21/552649149/in-devastated-dominica-hams-become-vital-communications-link)

Students and faculty at Clemson have been volunteering their time to crowdsource data from a streaming video the Prime Minister showed and by listening to the radio network in this survey we have put together. Here are the results so far: http://arcg.is/2fby622 that have been announced at the local radio just a few hours ago.

We are in desperate need of updated aerial or satellite imagery of the central part of Dominica, since the coast has been updated. We have previous LiDAR and aerial of the island so we can assess damage pretty quickly if we have updated aerial. I have looked at the updates from Digital Globe and Bing imagery already and nothing there. Patricia, we already contacted Chad Blevins.

Any link or contact is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Patricia

----

Patricia Carbajales-Dale

Executive Director, Clemson Center for Geospatial Technologies

Advanced CyberInfrastructure Research Education Facilitator, ACI-REF

clemsongis.org | @ClemsonGIS