Angie --

I vote for brackets.  "Corrected to" is giving the date of the information, and who knows what the stamp means?  So I would consider 1924 an inferred publication date.

Nancy

Nancy A. Kandoian
Map Cataloger
The Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, Room 117
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue and 42nd Street
New York, New York 10018