At the AGSL, as we scan maps from our collection, we record the data in our online catalog both in the holding record as well as a local 946 field in the bibliographic record. Over the years, those fields have gone in and out of searchability. (We write a scan number on the physical item as well as keep an access database to record scanning progress, file names, etc.)

Are there other libraries that make a note of scanned versions of maps in their catalog? If so, what information do you use and what MARC field do you use?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL
M-F 8:00am-4:30pm  [log in to unmask]  (414)229-6282
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W
1505846149570_image001.png