From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Quill, Theresa Marguerite
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Locking map cabinets

Hi all,

We are in the rare (and exciting!) position of being able to purchase new locking map cabinets to house our "rare" maps. I'm wondering if anyone can speak to how well their locking cabinets have held up, and which brand you have. I've been looking at the Mayline ones<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gaylord.com_Preservation_Document-2DPreservation_Flat-2DFiles_Mayline-2DSafco-2526-2523174-253B-2DHorizontal-2D5-2DDrawer-2DFlat-2DFile-2Dfor-2D36-2Dx-2D48-2522-2DSheets_p_HYB00510&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=77-47ZJQbukZ-e0xX_dd1Q&m=m5xhKSesTeQ1QsuCiF94-Kz2zmrDr7UXhbVVpv5qF6g&s=sx-mA1aDjZvGeAdPCQGTzwqnPlJNjr_bKWe7fj08kC8&e=>, but does anyone have other suggestions? We haven't purchased map cabinets in probably 50 years, and the listserv archives don't seem to have much on this topic after 2000, so maybe no one else has either!

Any advice is very welcome!

Thanks,
Theresa

--