All,

A while ago I reached out to the community asking about the value of free tourist maps, thanks for all of your answers! As part of the downsizing of the University of Alabama Map Library, we’ve decided to limit this part of the collection. Most of the maps are of the type where there’s a simple map of a town in the middle and it is surrounded by ads by local companies. The maps are typically from mid 1980s to early 2000s. We are keeping materials covering Alabama and neighboring states (FL, MS, TN and GA), but the rest, including tourist maps of Canadian towns, are up for grabs!

Postage may be required of requests for large numbers of maps/states.

Johanna Engström

Ph.D., Department of Geography

Geospatial Services Manager

The University of Alabama