Another tool is the now-frozen Union List of Sanborn and other Fire Insurance Maps

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/sanborn_union_list

1.  It's not possible to compile and maintain a complete list of online Sanborn maps.  New ones
 pop up frequently and unannounced from unexpected places.

2.  Why limit it to Sanborn maps only?

Philip Hoehn