All,

I'm looking to borrow or get scans of topographic maps of the area near Kalkriese hill, Germany.  I have AMS L3514 at 1:50,00 and AMS 3514 at 1:25,000 which show the north side of the hill.  Would anyone have 3614 AMS 1:25,000 or L3717 AMS         1:50,000?

I'm working with a patron who is mapping out the Battle of Teutoberg in Roman times.  Topography played a huge part, so we're looking for detailed topography of the area and my maps only cover half of the important hill. (What's the rule about the site you are interested in always falls on the line between at least two maps?)

Any leads are useful.

Thanks,

Kathy Stroud
David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
541-346-3051

"A map is not just a picture-it's also the data behind the map, the methodology used to collect and parse that data, the people doing that work, the choices made in terms of visualization and the software used to make them."