From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Moore
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tape for Mylaring a map?

Greetings!

We ahve a map that we would like to encapsulate in Mylar. We've got the Mylar that has been handed down from map librarians past put we don't have any way of sealing the Mylar. At one point, they apparently used some type of double-sided tape. Since this is a map from the 1890s, I'd like to do right by it. What tape, if any, should we use to seal the Mylar. (And yes, I'll leave some sections unsealed to allow for off-gassing.)

Susan Moore

University of Northern Iowa

Cedar Falls, IA  50614