From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Angela R Cope
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2018 9:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sanborn and fire insurance maps online

Hello all,

Thank you to everyone who replied to my request for links to your online fire insurance maps. Many institutions have their maps online with excellent finding aids. Many libraries provide online access via the ProQuest database. The best single place for online Sanborn maps is the Library of Congress.

I created a quick libguide with the information I gathered. It is a work in progress but includes all the information shared with me via my Maps-L inquiry.

http://guides.library.uwm.edu/c.php?g=824760
[http://guides.library.uwm.edu/ld.php?_=1522938166&size=facebook&screenshot=icehga.png]<http://guides.library.uwm.edu/c.php?g=824760>

UWM Libraries Research and Course Guides: Fire Insurance Maps Online: Home<http://guides.library.uwm.edu/c.php?g=824760>
guides.library.uwm.edu
list of fire insurance collections online

Feel free to offer suggestions, updates, comments.

Thank you again for your help.

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

http://uwm.edu/libraries/agsl/
M-F 8:00am-4:30pm  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  (414)229-6282
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W
[1505846149570_image001.png]