I would never identify Oklahoma as a southern state.   I lived there before.  They are not southern at all.

Carlos A. Diaz
Lee County Library
Tupelo, MS

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018, 10:21 AM Cheri Folkner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Aimee,

Library of Congress has a series of gifs that identify different regions in the US used in the G schedule of the LC Classification system. No. 4 identifies the Pacific Northwest.

Cheri

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 10:00 PM, MAPS-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Date:    Mon, 9 Apr 2018 18:36:44 +0000
From:    Aimee Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: states which compose the Pacific Northwest

Hello folks,

I've been asked to come up with collection scope including a specified geographic limit for our map collection perhaps just to the Pacific Northwest, however, the U.S. government does not appear to have a consistently defined geographic area for the Pacific Northwest.  So I thought I would turn to my colleagues to see how you define this region of the United States. Below are a sample of different geographic definitions currently in place by the federal government.

Census Bureau
Division 9: Pacific
Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
https://www2.census.gov/geo/docs/maps-data/maps/reg_div.txt

Bureau of Reclamation
Columbia River Basin in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming
https://www.usbr.gov/pn/index.html

USDA, Forest Service

Pacific Northwest Region
States of Oregon and Washington, Including Portions of Del Norte and Siskiyou Counties in California, and Portions of Nez Perce, Salmon, Idaho, and Adams Counties in Idaho
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprd3812803.pdf

USA.gov
Oregon & Washington
https://gacc.nifc.gov/nwcc/

USGS
Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming
https://www.usgs.gov/science/regions/northwest?qt-regions_l2_landing_page_tabs=0#qt-regions_l2_landing_page_tabs

Your advice is greatly appreciated with many thanks,
Aimée

Aimée C. Quinn
Assistant Professor | Government Publications Librarian
James E. Brooks Library, Depository 0649-A
Central Washington University
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926
509-963-1592

"Life should be lived so vividly and so intensely that thoughts of another life, or of a longer life, are not necessary.<https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/M0Ap_u9salViA>"  -- Marjory Stoneman Douglas

End of MAPS-L Digest - 6 Apr 2018 to 9 Apr 2018 (#2018-69)

Cheri Folkner
Head of Cataloging and Associate Professor
Albertsons Library
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID  83725-1430