Hi, folks,

I'd suggest two ways to tackle this.  Elmer's Glue is not one of them.

First, I'd suggest that you contact the Getty Conservation Institute in Los
Angeles (www.Getty.edu).  I worked on a project with the UCLA Fowler
Museum, University of Maryland, and the GCI back in the early-mid 1990s and
found they had a huge crowd of really smart and broadly knowledgeable staff
who turned out to be a really good resource for the project we were doing.

Second, I'd suggest checking the resources that Cheri (?) provided in the
list she sent today complete with contact info.  Most of those folks (I
recognized from that long ago project) seem to be professional
conservators/restoration professors and I don't think would even think of
Elmer's as a starting point or an ending point.  As a strategy, I'd suggest
that a little work be done to reduce the list of people from that list
who've worked with materials that have involved the exact same materials as
the Hubbard map sheets involved (the "lumpy"maps were clearly plastic and I
don't recall ever seeing "lumpy" maps made of any kind of paper), on
account of I don't think they should get lithe work done by amateurs!

Please would you let the list know what you wind up doing and how it all
turns out?

JMHO.

virginia     🙋