Dear Friends:

I am very pleased to announce that the complete program for the 2018 Symposium of the International Society for the History of the Map is now available: http://www.oshermaps.org/ishmap2018/program. Confirmed speakers come from nine countries on four continents.

ISHM 2018 is underwritten by USM’s Osher Chair in the History of Cartography, so that there will be no registration fee. However, registration will be required so that we can plan properly for food and coffee. We will set up a registration form soon.

All attendees are reminded that the cheap rates for the conference hotels expire on April 20th. You need to call the hotels at the numbers listed at http://www.oshermaps.org/ishmap2018/hotels.

With thanks,

Matthew Edney

ISHM Chair

---------------------

Matthew Edney

Osher Professor in the History of Cartography http://www.oshermaps.org/edney
University of Southern Maine http://usm.maine.edu

Director, History of Cartography Project (UW) http://www.geography.wisc.edu/histcart

Posted by:

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

M-F 8:00am-4:30pm  [log in to unmask]  (414)229-6282
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W
1505846149570_image001.png