From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Christopher Thiry
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 1:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Intro GIS for high schoolers

Hi all,

I am doing a presentation regarding GIS to high school students.  I have 45-60 minutes.  Besides talking about general concepts, I wanted the presentation to be interactive.

I am looking for 2 DIFFERENT things:

1)  Websites that use GIS data and can be interactive.  I do NOT want static maps.  I want them to look at some websites were they can turn layers off & on.  It would be wonderful to find something where analysis is done by playing with the layers.

2)  websites highlighting GIS-base projects done by high school students.  I want to show the students I am teaching that some of their peers have done meaningful work using GIS.

Please reply directly to me.

Many thanks in advance.

Christopher J.J. Thiry

Map & GIS Librarian