Hi Chris,

I can help with Part A of your request: I just did a presentation to two high school classes this week and here is a list of some of the interactive maps I used as examples.

The Racial Dot Map (I zoomed into our city, asked how many were living here in 2010 and then wowed them with the fact they are on the map)

https://demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/

Where to live if you want to survive a zombie apocalypse (Zombies might be last week, but this is a really good example of how GIS can weight layers)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/10/09/the-definitive-guide-to-where-to-live-if-you-want-to-survive-a-zombie-apocalypse-the-definitive-guide/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5b35817aa4d6

America’s Favorite Jelly Beans by State

https://www.candystore.com/blog/facts-trivia/jelly-beans-flavor-rankings/

Census maps

https://www.census.gov/geography/interactive-maps.html

CDC Atlas Plus (if you are brave enough, it gets their attention)

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/nchhstpatlas/maps.html

Sea Level Rise Viewer from NOAA

https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr

USGS National Water Information System: Mapper

https://maps.waterdata.usgs.gov/mapper/index.html

Good Luck!

Meagan