Jim,

I found two books of French map and military abbreviations in the Internet Archive:

A French-English military technical dictionary URL: https://archive.org/details/frenchenglishmil00willuoft

and List of conventional signs and abbreviations in use on French and German maps URL: https://archive.org/details/listofconvention00unitrich

Both give Mon and Cne separately. It appears to stand for Maison Cabane which would translate to house, home, household, family, official household or personal staff, and cabin or hut. Perhaps it is an outbuilding of a larger house where the staff lived?

Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian