I certainly don't know, but I can't imagine a reason why it would have been. Maps require neither electrical nor thermal insulation....

Angela R Cope wrote:

Is it shark week or raised relief map week? Both I guess.

I got a call from a patron wanting to know if asbestos was used in the production/creation of raised relief maps. Does anyone know what materials (plastics, etc.) were used to either confirm or deny that asbestos was used?

Do you know a source of information or an expert on this topic? I can put you in touch with the patron or I can pass the information along.

Thanks.

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue