Good morning:

A Memorial Resolution honoring our friend and longtime member of the map librarian profession, Mary Lynette Larsgaard, was approved at the ALCTS Council Meeting in New Orleans in June. In addition, Mary's name was read aloud, along with other ALCTS/ALA members who passed away since the 2017 Annual Conference, and this was witnessed by MAGIRT member and leader Kathy Rankin. (unfortunately, the meeting was held Tuesday morning of conference when a majority of ALA members had concluded their conference experience and left for home, including myself. If anyone else was present for the formal acceptance of the Resolution and reading of names please let me know).

I have attached the text of the Resolution to this email. In addition this will be published in the August issue of MAGIRT's newsletter, base line, so be on the lookout for it there as well.

I want to thank Jon Jablonski for working with me to assist Erin Stalberg, ALCTS Division Councilor and Susan Wynne, ALCTS CAMMS Representative in finalizing the draft of a proposed Resolution that Erin presented at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver. Also, thank you Kathy Rankin for making time to attend the Council meeting in person to witness this significant action on behalf of all MAGIRT members and anyone who knew Mary or benefited in some way from her life's work.

Sincerely,

Paige Andrew

MAGIRT Member and

Cartographic Resources Cataloging Librarian

Penn State University