Yup, it is a problem.  Tonight on the Channel 7 news in Old Angeles, it even came up.  It turns out the local Metro which, amongst other things runs the metro trains, is preparing to build eight more lines and is seriously worried about running out of color names.  The reporter mentioned colorblindness as one of the concerns because she was concerned about patrons who couldn't distinguish among red, pink, and orange.  I think they are mainly thinking that only one line at present is not named for a color they have to stick with colors for naming the lines.  (It's the line that runs along Exposition Boulevard from approximately the Coliseum -- actually about 7th & Figeroa -- to Santa Monica, which is a relic of the Olympics the first time they were held in LA.)

What I think they are forgetting is that the rules to accommodate disabled folks these days are way tougher than they were when the Blue, Purple, and Red Lines were built 20 years ago or so.

I'm just personally hoping that they don't wind up like NYC or Boston.  I find the trains in both cities confusing.  No issues with DC or Atlanta. Just my thoughts.

I did try to download the 3.7 MB document that is the NASA report, but the server couldn't be reached.  I'll try tomorrow.

virginia hetrick