Klokan has worked closely with David Rumsey for many years. It may have been for his cataloging?

In F,L&T,

Stace Maples

Geospatial Manager

Stanford Geospatial Center

@mapninja

G+, Skype, Hangout: stacey.maples

214.641.0920

Find GeoData: https://earthworks.stanford.edu

Get GeoHelp: https://gis.stanford.edu/

"I have a map of the United States... actual size.

It says, "Scale: 1 mile = 1 mile."

I spent last summer folding it."

-Steven Wright-

From: "Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc." <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 9:44 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Bounding Box Survey results

Out of curiosity:  does anybody know why they built the tool in the first place?  It seems like an unlikely group to produce so many MARC formats unless they happened to be in a bar with Terry Reese one night.  Maybe I need to start going to some of those European map conferences.

Jon Jablonski
Director, Interdisciplinary Research Collaboratory
Spatial Data Librarian
UCSB Library
805-893-4049

make a fall quarter consultation appointment with Jon:

https://goo.gl/U8xBs9