My Bounding Box survey indicates that only 16 people are willing to fill out my surveys (pththth). The majority use Bounding Box daily. Participants are interested in contributing money to Klocken Technologies.

However, I misunderstood the information from Klocken Tech. They charge $200 an hour and to fix Bounding Box would cost $3,000. Given that, I think it's unlikely we can raise that kind of money.

Bounding Box does still work. The search feature is inconsistent but the "select" tool works great. To locate obscure places one will need to use another resource first (gazetteer, google maps, etc.) and then return to Bounding Box to acquire the coordinate data.

Look closely at the options for coordinate display (lower left). The formats include:

MARC
MARC RDA
MARC Aleph
MARC BTLS
MARC VTLS RDA
MARC OCLC
MARC OCLC DEC
MARC KP-SYS
Archives
DublinCore
KML
GEOJSON
OGC WKT
CSV
CSV RAW
TSV
ISO 19139
FGDC

It's a very useful resource.

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

http://uwm.edu/libraries/agsl/
M-F 8:00am-4:30pm  [log in to unmask]  (414)229-6282
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W
1505846149570_image001.png